No Post Found
Indian cricket team captain Virat Kohli, who is also known as the run machine has entered into his 30's on Monday, who had yet another fantastic year with the bat.
The Indian skipper continued to break the records at his own will and set examples for others. Even his stats speak out the rest of the story for his fans all around the world.
In the last one year, Kohli has amassed 3034 runs in international cricket with the help of 13 centuries.
Take a look at some of his records:
- On 24th October 2018, Virat Kohli became the fastest batsman to score 10000 ODI runs. He took just 205 innings to reach the landmark, bettering Sachin Tendulkar's 259 innings.
- Virat Kohli took just 10 years and 68 days to score 10000 ODI runs, the fastest by a batsman. He broke Rahul Dravid's record of 10 years, 317 days.
- Kohli is now second on the list of most Test wins as captain of India with 24 victories in 42 matches. MS Dhoni leads the list with 27 wins in 60 Tests.
- Earlier this year, Kohli became the second Indian cricketer after Mithali Raj to reach 2000 T20 International runs. He is also only the fourth male cricketer to reach the milestone after New Zealand's Brendon McCullum and Martin Guptill and Pakistan's Shoaib Malik.
- He took only 60 matches and 56 innings to enter the coveted club. McCullum had entered the rare club in 71 matches (66 innings) while Guptill got there in 75 matches (68 innings). Malik was the slowest of the lot, taking 100 matches and 93 innings.
Twitterati also poured on wishes for the Indian captain, with BCCI being the first to wish him:
Many happy returns of the day @imVkohli . Have a wonderful year ahead, may you continue to dominate the international cricket and have the same enthusiasm to perform. God bless! #HappyBirthdayVirat pic.twitter.com/6TI0d86gyL— Pragyan Prayas Ojha (@pragyanojha) November 5, 2018