The Congress released its ninth list of 10 candidates for the upcoming general election on Sunday. Son of former finance minister P Chidambaram, Karti Chidambaram will contest from Sivaganga in Tamil Nadu.
The ninth list has four names from Maharashtra, three from Bihar and one each from Jammu and Kashmir, Karnataka and Tamil Nadu. Former NCP leader Tariq Anwar, who joined the Congress in 2018, is fielded from Bihar's Katihar seat. He won this seat in 2014 on an NCP ticket.
The Congress Central...
Bollywood celebs who are often busy with their hectic schedule, take out time for their family during festivals. Recently, on the occasion of Holi, Bollywood celebs enjoyed with their family and played with colours.
Abhishek Bachchan and his wife Aishwarya Rai Bachchan decided to go on a vacation to Goa and spend some quality time there. Picture of the two in a beach in Goa has been doing the rounds and has led to speculations that the Guru actor is pregnant with her second child.
In the picture,...
There was quite a stir amongst Indian players of Players Unknown Battleground (PUBG) when they received health reminder pop-ups on their screens, barring them from playing the popular game. The company on Saturday said it fixed the undisclosed issue.
Earlier, we saw there was an alert on PUBG users phone mentioning the health warning and some play time restrictions.
Though in a recent tweet by PUBG Mobile India official twitter handle we learned that it was not an officially introduced restriction(...
Bollywood actor Uday Chopra created quite a stir after posting a series of tweets which made everyone wonder about his mental state on his official account but later he cleared the air about his tweets on Sunday stating that his dark humour got misinterpreted.
Chopra posted two tweets on his twitter handle on Friday saying that he is not okay and despite trying hard he is failing at it. Concerned fans and well-wishers asked him about his mental condition and tried their best to pacify and console...
Haryanvi dancer Sapna Choudhary has denied the news of her joining the Congress party that has been making the headlines since morning in a press meet on Sunday.
“I have not joined Congress,” said the 28-year-old performer on Sunday. “My old photos were used. Even my Twitter account is fake,” she added.
She said that her picture with Priyanka Gandhi which is being circulated is old and she does not have any future plans to enter politics.
#WATCH Haryanavi singer & dancer Sapna Chaudhary...
Days before cab-based-app Ola issued a notice of its ban for six months by Karnataka government over violation of rules. Priyank Kharge, the minister for social welfare in the state tweeted that Ola will run their business as usual on Sunday.
Kharge in his tweet said that, “@Olacabs will run their business as usual from today. However, there is an urgent need for policies to catch-up with new technologies & also industries too should work closer with Govt to help evolve policies for innovations.”
Juvenile Justice Bill Passed, 16-Year-Olds To Be Tried As Adults In Heinous Crimes
NEWS WORLD INDIA | 0
December 22 , 2015 , 14:21 IST
Indian parliament on Tuesday cleared the Juvenile Justice Bill which amends the law to allow trying those over 16 years of age and accused of heinous crimes, as adults.
- I'm satisfied that bill has been passed in RS but unhappy that my daughter didn't get justice: Jyoti's mother
- Rajya Sabha passes the Juvenile Justice Bill, which will make punishment for sex crimes by minors more severe.
- Lok Sabha adjourned till Wednesday.
- Rajya Sabha begins voting on Juvenile Justice bill and proposed amendments. Member of left parties walk out.
- I have no motion for putting the bill to the select committee, have no choice but to put the bill to vote: Rajya Sabha vice-chairman PJ Kurien
- Sitaram Yechury of CPM requests the house to send the bill to the select committee.
- Maneka Gandhi in Rajya Sabha requests the House to pass the Juvenile Justice Bill.
- I leave it to you, India is watching us: Maneka Gandhi
- In Delhi alone, more than 1000 children have been arrested for crimes: Maneka Gandhi
- Because of the new anti-rape law, more women have come out and reported rape: Maneka Gandhi
- Many have said poverty has to be addressed. Is poverty the only reason for children to turn criminal? Is a child a child because he is 16 or because he has been nurtured like that?: Maneka Gandhi
- Union Minister for Women and Child Development Maneka replying to the debate on juvenile justice bill
- Unfortunate such incidents are increasing. Apart from making a law, social awareness also important: Congress's Anand Sharma
- Dawood committed his first crime at 16. He is a threat to the nation now: Shiv Sena's Sanjay Raut
- If Kasabs of the world will be set free as juveniles, 15-16 year olds will attack Parliament and Delhi. What will our law do?: Sanjay Raut
- The need of the hour is a thought revolution, where the mindset of the masses need to be reached out to: Anand Sharma in RS
- If we isolate ourselves from emotions for a moment, House needs to think if only changing law will work in the nation: Anand Sharma
- We need to realise our responsibilities too. There is a need for social awareness and intervention: Anand Sharma
- What is the hurry? Why do we have to pass the Juvenile Justice Bill today?, asks DMK's Kanimozhi
- It would be really good if Government sends Juvenile Justice Bill to a select committee. We can have more discussions, and then pass Juvenile Justice Bill. Have to give it enough consideration before passing: DMK's Kanimozhi
- If Nirbhaya were my daughter, I would have probably taken out a gun and shot the perpetrators: Derek O' Brien
- We must not wait indefinitely for an ideal Bill. I support the bill. It is a good bill: Derek O' Brien in Rajya Sabha
- Rajya Sabha member Anu Agha calls for sending juvenile justice bill to select committee.
- We need to find humane ways to prevent such acts, lowering of age of criminals is not the solution: Rajya Sabha member Anu Agha
- Samajwadi party leader Ravi Prakash Verma blasts media, says 'too much focus on one case'
- 'Piece meal remedy' won't work: Samajwadi Party
- The Juvenile Justice Bill needs to be more broad-based. There should be a separate arrangement in jail for juveniles. There should be classes for them: Ghulam Nabi Azad
- The biggest issue is the age. People are divided on the issue. While it's true that 50 percent crimes are by juveniles, it is also true that many times juveniles are used by others: Ghulam Nabi Azad
- I want to congratulate Nirbhaya's mother. She is not fighting just for her daughter but also says that there should be no other Nirbhaya. We all hope that nothing like the December 16 gang-rape ever happens again: Ghulam Nabi Azad
- Nirbhaya incident on December 16, 2012, was a terrifying incident: Ghulam Nabi Azad
- Jyoti Singh's parents arrive in Parliament ahead of a discussion in Rajya Sabha on the Juvenile Justice Bill. Asha Devi and Badri Singh will be present in the Upper House when it debates the amendment.
If members want to discuss the juvenile justice bill till late, be it 10 pm or 11 pm then we have no objection-MA Naqvi in Rajya Sabha
- Juvenile involvement in crime is fastest rising segment of crime in all crimes: Maneka Gandhi - Congress, JD (U), Nationalist Congress Party are divided over the passing of the Juvenile Justice Bill in the Rajya Sabha. A section of the Opposition wants the bill to be sent to select committee.
- Rajya Sabha adjourned till 2 pm.
- Rajya Sabha adjourned till 12 pm as uproar on the Delhi cricket body issue continues: ANI
- Consensus among political parties to pass the Juvenile Justice Bill in the Rajya Sabha, says Union Minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi.
ALSO READ: Juvenile Bill Will Be Passed Today, Govt Assures Nirbhaya’s Parents
- Parents of Jyoti Singh Pandey (Nirbhaya), a 23-year-old medical student who was gang-raped and tortured by six men on a moving bus in Delhi on December 16, 2012 and died later, meet Union Minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi.