Here's What CBI Says Happened On The Night Of Aarushi's Murder

News World India | 0
| October 12 , 2017 , 21:19 IST

Hearing Dr Rajesh and Nupur Talwar's plea, Allahabad High Court on Thursday acquitted the couple serving a life sentence for allegedly killing their 14-year old daughter Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj.

Notably, CBI court had in November 2013 convicted and sentenced the couple for life imprisonment merely based on circumstantial evidence.

On the night of May 15-16, 2008, class 9 student Aarushi was found murdered in her room with her throat slit, while her parents Rajesh and Nupur Talwar were sleeping in the other room.

The case attracted national attention and has been in the news ever since.

However, despite the government putting the country's most elite investigation agency to the task and fielding the best of the best officers on the case, the mysterious case seems far from closing.

Initially, the police had suspected domestic help Hemraj for the murder, which later burst into the law keepers' face when his dead body was found on the terrace of the house the very next day.

ALSO READ: Aarushi Case Verdict: Rajesh And Nupur Talwar, Behind Bars Since Nov 2013, To Finally Walk Out Free!

So far, we know of two possibilities, as dictated by two teams of the Central Bureau of Investigation.

The first CBI team under joint director Arun Kumar had suspected Rajesh Talwar's compounder Krishna Rajkumar and Vijay Mandal, domestic help of Talwar's friends.

Joint director Kumar had reported that Krishna had confessed to the crime in the narco test. The report said that the three of them were drinking that night after which they went to Aarushi's room with the intent to rape her.

As she tried to raise an alarm, they hit her in the head and she fell unconscious. Witnessing the incident, panicked Hemraj ran to the terrace to avoid waking the Talwars. Rajkumar and Krishna followed Hemraj to the terrace where they killed him and later came back to slit Aarushi's throat.

He also cleared Rajesh and Nupur after their polygraph and psycho-analysis tests.

On the other hand, the second team led by SP CBI Nilabh Kishore tells an entirely different story.

According to his report, the three servants, backed with strong alibis, were not in the house at all. The report highlights that the router in the house was suspiciously active till 3:34 am.

The report said that there was no one in the house except the parents, based on which the CBI court had convicted the parents of the murder.

It has been nine years since the murder and the convicted parents have been acquitted of the crimes. Will this murder mystery be solved? or will this be another example of Indian law enforcement's limitations.