Dark circles can affect anyone, be it men or women. When it comes to beauty and fashion, it's most probably fair to say that most people's priority is a selfish one. In most cases, people don't even know if they are making a bad decision for their skin, but it never hurts to educate yourself. If you haven't been having much success to fight back those dark circles, you definitely need some tips and tricks to ace it.
Turns out there are many different reasons for dark circles, following could be some:
- Medical issues – It could be a reaction to some product or other symptoms like a fever, rash, rubbing the skin under your eyes. Consult your doctor if an allergy is involved. Beauty products such as eyeliner, mascara, can cause allergies. It can also be caused by smoking and deficiency of Iron as well.
- Not enough Iron- Iron deficiency can add a bluish tint under your eyes, consult a doctor and get tested for anaemia. Try taking some iron supplements.
- Hereditary – Most probably dark circles and puffiness under the eye runs in family, there is nothing that you can do and to make peace with your look throwing some self-love at your way. Concealer works in the best way to cover up the dark circles.
- Sleep Deprivation – this is the most common reason behind the dark circles under your eyes. Lack of sleep makes your skin look paler, dilates your blood vessels that makes the eye look bluish and gives the appearance of dark circles. Make sure you are getting 7-8 hours undisturbed sleep.
- Dehydration- it can cause the blood vessel to be dilated thus causing puffiness and dark circles. Make sure you drink lots of water. Water isn't called the elixir of life for nothing.
- Stress- most importantly, stop stressing yourself out. The more you stress, the more you get the dark circles and the more you feel tired again leading you to dark circles.
- Oil-based cosmetics- these can inflame your eyes. Instead of using oil-based cosmetics, use water-based cosmetics. They are lighter and will help you kick those dark circles off your eye bags.
- Diet- At the end of the day, you are what you eat! The healthier you eat, the better the skin gets. To get rid of dark circles you need a good dose of Vitamin C and E. So gorge on fruits , leefy green veggies, beef, whole grains etc. The more plant - based your diet is, You will see clearer skin and reduced circles in just a week.
There are plenty of natural remedies that you will find at your home so now there's Time to fix this problem once and for all read these tips to get rid of under-eye dark circles naturally and see, which will work for you:
- Turmeric and flour – Make a paste of Turmeric and flour with a tinge of lemon in it. Apply it under your eyes and leave it for 30 minutes. Rinse it with cold water. Repeat it twice a week.
- Use tomato as an eye toner – Tomato has a bleaching property that lightens the skin. Mix a teaspoon of tomato juice with a tinge of lemon juice. Apply the mixture under the eyes and leave it for at least 20 minutes. Wash it off with coconut water. You can also drink tomato juice with some mint leaves, salt and lemon. Drink the juice immediately after making it.
- Potato –They are natural bleaching agents which helps to lighten daek circles. Grate one or two raw potatoes to extract the juice. Soak a cotton ball and place it to the affected area for about 15 minutes or leave it overnight. Rinse the eyelids with cool water. Repeat it twice a week. Instead of potato juice, you can also use thick slices to remove dark circles.
- Cucumber – People use cucumber slices on their face because it has a soothing effect and helps you to fix those dark circles under the eyes. Cut a fresh cucumber into slices and let it chill for 30 minutes. Put the slices on the area under for 10 minutes. Wash the area with water. Repeat daily for about a week or more.
- Rose water- It helps to rejuvenate the skin and has a soothing and refreshing effect. It works as a good skin toner as well. Soak the cotton ball in pure rose water and directly apply it to the affected area let it sit for about 10-15 minutes. Follow this for a week.
- Lemon Juice- Use a cotton ball to apply lemon juice to the affected area. Leave it on for 15 minutes and then rinse it off with clean water. Repeat three times every week. The vitamin C in the lemon juice helps to remove the daek circles under the eyes, thanks to its skin- lightening properties.