Entertainment

Kevin Spacey Being Investigated For Charges Of Sexual Assault From 30 Men

NEWS WORLD INDIA | 0
9300
| July 4 , 2018 , 15:56 IST

Kevin Spacey, the 58-year-old Oscar winning actor is currently being investigated on charges of sexual assault from more than 30 men.

Between February and April of this year, police have received allegations that the American actor Kevin Spacey, sexually assaulted men in London and Gloucester.

The actor is now being investigated for 6 sexual assaults in London after 3 new men have come forward with allegations against the actor. Three new accusations have been confirmed by the police. On February 8, a man reported that he had been sexually assaulted by Spacey in 2008 in Lambeth. Another man came forward on February 14, saying that he had been sexually abused by the actor in Gloucester in 2013.

ALSO READ: Avengers 4 Title Leaked! Infinity War Cinematographer Reveals Title, Deletes Post

The third man alleged he was assaulted in Westminister in 1996. All of these cases are being investigated by the Child Abuse and Sexual Offences Command of the Metropolitan Police. This includes one from Gloucester which is about 160 kilometres west of London.

Spacey was artistic director of the Old Vic for 11 years, he started it in 2003. In November, the theatre's board of trustee announced that 20 men had come forward with claims against spacey. The board issued an apology, noting that a "cult of personality" around Spacey may have intimidated young actors from coming forward earlier.

Spacey was one of the first Hollywood celebs to face allegations in the wake of the 66-year-old disgraced Hollywood producer, Harvey Weinstein scandal. More than 70 women have accused the producer of sexual misconduct - those accusations leading to the rise of the Me Too movement.

Spacey's downfall started when actor Anthony Rapp alleged that Spacey had made a sexual charge to him in 1986 (he was 14, Spacey was 26). Spacey subsequently apologised to Rapp though he has issued an absolute denial of all the other allegations.

Kevin Spacey was dismissed by Netflix's House of cards and Sir Ridley Scoot erased him from his completed movie All the Money in the World in reshoots costing millions.

On Tuesday, actor Guy Pearce said that Spacey had groped him on the set of LA Confidential, the 1997 film they had both appeared in.  

Australian talk show host Andrew Denton was playing name association with Guy and, when he brought up Spacey's name, Guy said ... "He's a handsy guy." 

He added it was a "slightly difficult time with Kevin" ... when they shot the 1997 film.