Ball-tampering Scandal: ICC To Launch Worldwide Review Of Player Conduct On-Field

NEWS WORLD INDIA | 0
4356
| March 30 , 2018 , 16:41 IST

In wake of the ball-tampering row, International Cricket Council launches a worldwide review of player, after a culmination of poor incidents of poor players behaviour in recent weeks.

The hostile series between Australia and South Africa has had plenty of flash points, with players verbally abusing and physically intimidating each other on and off the field and even the crowd getting involved.

The combative Warner had already been in trouble following a confrontation with a South African player near the locker rooms in the second test in Port Elizabeth. In the same match, South Africa fast bowler Kagiso Rabada had been banned for clashing with Smith before having the suspension overturned on appeal to the ICC.

ALSO READ: David Warner Indulges In Heated Altercation With Quinton de Kock [WATCH]

ICC Chief Executive said he couldn’t let such incidents go any further.

“One of the worst periods in recent memory for consistently poor player behaviour and the global outcry in relation to the ball tampering is a clear message to cricket: enough is enough," he said.

Some of the biggest stars of the game have been accused of ball tampering over the last three decades, but the sanctions have only ever extended to one or two games and fines. 

It was only in the case of Smith, Warner and Bancroft where thing was taken seriously and their respective cricketing board reprimanded them with severe bans.