[caption id="attachment_206359" align="aligncenter" width="700"]
France Terror Attacks: Timeline.[/caption]
84 people killed and over 150 wounded when a terrorist ploughed with his truck through a crowd of thousands enjoying Bastille Day celebration in the French Riviera city of Nice late on Thursday
It was the worst terror attack in France since terrorists struck in Paris in November 2015, killing 130 people and injuring over 250 near a stadium.
Here is a timeline of attacks in the country:
France Terror Attacks: Timeline
For all the latest news and updates from India and across the globe, follow us on @NewsWorldIN on Twitter and News World India on Facebook
- March 2012: A French Algerian killed three soldiers, a teacher and three young students at a Jewish school in Toulouse. He was later shot dead
- 23 MAY 2013: A convert to Islam named as Alexandre Dhaussy stabbed a French soldier in the neck at La Defense in Paris. The soldier survived the attack
- December 2014: A French national born in Burrundi attacked several police officers at a station in Joue-les-Tour. He had a knife and shouted "Allahu Akbar". He was shot dead
- 7 January 2015: Said and Cherif Kouachi shoot dead 12 people at the offices of satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo in Paris
- 8 January 2015: Amedy Coulibaly kills a policewoman before entering a Jewish supermarket in Paris where he shot dead four others. Both Coulibaly and the Kouachi brothers were later shot dead by police
- 26 June 2015: In a chemical factory near Grenoble, one man was beheaded and several others were injured. One man was arrested in what President Francois Hollande called a terror attack.
- 21 August 2015: Three off-duty marines overpowered an armed gunman on a high-speed train from Amsterdam to Paris. Three people including the suspect were injured. The Americans and several other passengers held the man down until police arrived. He was later arrested in Arras, northern France
- 13 November 2015: Scores dead as men armed with Kalashnikovs and grenades carried out a series of attacks at restaurants, a concert hall and outside Stade de France in Paris. President Hollande has closed the borders and declared a state of national emergency
- 13 June 2016: Police officer and his wife, a police secretary, stabbed to death inside their home near Paris by a man who said he had pledged allegiance to Islamic State.
- 14 July 2016: More than 80 people killed and scores injured when a terrorist drove a lorry into a crowd of Bastille Day revellers in Nice