World

China Alleges Indian Troops Trespassing Sikkim Border, Lodges Protest

न्यूज़ वर्ल्ड इंडिया | 1
3898
| June 27 , 2017 , 15:38 IST

Accusing Indian troops of 'crossing the boundary' in the Sikkim region, China demanded their immediate withdrawal and asserted that it has shut down the Nathu La pass entry for Indian pilgrims travelling to Kailash Mansarovar which it had earlier allowed.

China said that it has lodged formal diplomatic protests with India, in New Delhi and in Beijing, alleging that the Indian troops had entered the Chinese territory on the Sikkim border.

ALSO READ: Concern For India: China Plans Rail Link To Nepal Through Everest

"We have lodged solemn representations in Beijing and New Delhi to elaborate on our solemn position," Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman, Lu Kang told media on Tuesday.

"Our position to uphold our territorial sovereignty is unwavering. We hope the Indian side can work with China in the same direction and immediately withdraw the personnel who have overstepped and trespassed into Chinese border," he said.

"China urges India to immediately withdraw its border guards that have crossed the boundary and have a thorough investigation of this matter," Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Geng Shuang said.

ALSO READ: India To Grow At 7.8%, Surpass China: ADB

"The Indian border guards crossed the boundary in the Sikkim section of the China-India border and entered the territory of China, and obstructed normal activities of Chinese frontier forces in the Donglang area recently, and the Chinese side has taken counter-measures," he said in a statement on Monday night.

The first batch of 50 pilgrims for the Kailash Mansarovar Yatra had arrived on June 15, however they were delayed for a week before they were asked to return back.