Sports

Rafael Nadal Ready To Return To Action After Injury Lay-Off

NEWS WORLD INDIA | 0
4120
| April 16 , 2018 , 18:31 IST

World No.1 tennis player Rafael Nadal who recently recovered from his hip injury, will be competing at Monte Carlo Masters title this week.

The 31-year-old made his comeback from a hip injury with two wins in Spain's Davis Cup quarter-final victory over Germany last weekend, having not played previously since January's Australian Open.

After being forced to retire from his last-eight clash with Marin Cilic in Melbourne, he briefly lost his top spot to Roger Federer.

ALSO READ: Leg Injury Forces Rafael Nadal To Stay Away From Tennis For Three Weeks

I feel that I'm playing well. I had some good days of practice here, playing some good sets," Nadal said ahead of the start of the claycourt season.

"That helps me. I love this event. I always feel comfortable here. I'm enjoying being here in Monte Carlo in an event that always brings me to the best feelings possible." Nadal said

"It's hopefully going to be my first event of the year that I can finish. And I'm excited about that," he added

Nadal who is a 16-time Grand Slam winner will be eyeing his 11th title at the Monte Carlo Masters as he looks to win the tournament for the third time in a row.

If Nadal is to extend his record tally of Monte Carlo crowns, he will have to do it the hard way after being handed a difficult draw.

Former world number one Novak Djokovic, who has twice beaten him in the final in the principality, is a potential quarter-final opponent.