Sports

Badminton Ace Lee Chong Wei Denies Sex Tape Allegations, Lodges Police Complaint

NEWS WORLD INDIA | 0
3036
| February 14 , 2018 , 17:31 IST

Malaysian badminton ace Lee Chong Wei has denied featuring in a sex video that has gone viral and has lodged a police report over what he describes as "malicious" allegations.

The world number two, who is married with two children, slammed the video calling it an attempt to slander, malign and defame his good name and character.

There had been speculation on social media in recent days that Lee featured in the video, which showed a naked man and woman together.

ALSO READ: Can Lee Chong Wei Get His 1st Olympic Gold Media in Rio Olympics?

In a Facebook post on Tuesday, Lee Chong wrote, "It has been brought to my attention that there is a pornographic video being circulated on social media in which it is alleged that I am purportedly one of the individuals featured in the said video. I categorically deny these malicious allegations and I state that I am not involved in any manner whatsoever with the said video and I am most certainly not a party featured therein."

Lee further added, "I have lodged a police report and the matter is being investigated."

He also made a request not to circulate the video as it is a stain on his character. He said," the severity of the attempted disparage to my good name and character, I reserve my rights and will not hesitate to instruct my solicitors to take any action deemed necessary to the full extent of the law against the parties and/or individuals responsible and/or culpable for creating and/or circulating such slanderous and defamatory material and allegations. I urge all parties to stop circulating the video."

The 35-year-old, a three-time Olympic silver medallist, is married to Wong Mew Choo, a former Malaysian badminton player.

The controversy came ahead of the premiere of Lee's biography titled "Lee Chong Wei: Rise of the Legend".

Lee is currently preparing to defend his All-England Open title in Birmingham in March.