[caption id="attachment_240417" align="aligncenter" width="700"]
6 Interesting Facts About New Delhi Lt Governor Anil Baijal[/caption]
Former Union Home Secretary Anil Baijal has been announced as the next Delhi Lieutenant-Governor after the resignation of Najeeb Jung from the post.
Here are six things to know about the new Delhi LG:
1. An IAS officer from the 1969 batch, Baijal served as Home Secretary under the Atal Bihari Vajpayee government.
2. Baijal was the Counselor in-charge of Indian Aid Programme in Nepal.
ALSO READ: Anil Baijal To Replace Najeeb Jung As Delhi Lieutenant Governor
3. Then deputy prime minister L K Advani in 2004 brought Baijal in to give DDA a more transparent and people-friendly image by starting a clean-up operation.
ALSO READ: Delhi Lieutenant Governor Najeeb Jung Resigns
4. During his service career of more than 37 years, Baijal has held the roles of Union Home Secretary, Chairman & Managing Director of Indian Airlines, Chief Executive Officer of Prasar Bharti Corporation, Vice-Chairman of Delhi Development Authority and Development Commissioner of Goa.
ALSO READ: Anil Baijal To Replace NN Vohra As J&K Governor
5. Baijal was also a member of the executive council of think-tank Vivekananda International Foundation, whose former members have been appointed to senior positions under the Modi government.
6. He was also a front-runner to the role of Jammu and Kashmir Governor, replacing N N Vohra.