No Post Found
Defending his security personnels in the recent attack on mediapersons outside the Bihar Secretariat in Patna, Tejashwi Yadav has posted a Facebook post arguing that his security guards did not assault the journalists.
The incident took place when reporters surrounded the Bihar Deputy Chief as he was making an exit from the Bihar Secretariat in Patna. The reporters were seeking answers from the 28-year-old RJD leader who is facing corruption charges. As reporters started asking questions, Tejashwi’s security personnels manhandled and assaulted the mediapersons around him.
In his Facebook post, Tejashwi said, “There are misleading information about attack on media persons, on request of them I patiently waited abt 5-7 mins so that they stop meddling with each other out of competition however that was in vein.”
Referring to the scuffle that broke out, he said, “On such critical moments when hundreds of media surrounds & suddenly jumps for byte, it becomes bit difficult for us, media & security guards also.”
RJD leader Tejashwi also denied the allegation that the scuffle happened on his instruction saying, “There were reports on few channels stating that it happened on my instructions and few RJD supporters carried the assault which is totally undesirable, baseless & meaningless.”
He further added that, “We always have been friendly with media and respond to them. I regret & condemn any charge on media. Such incidents must not take place; I will personally look into the matter & get it investigated. Thanks.”
Wednesday’s cabinet meeting was the first meeting of Tejashwi and Nitish since the CBI raided Lalu Yadav and family’s premises.
Last week, CBI had register and raided the residence of RJD leader Lalu Yadav and his Family members over charges of corruption and exploiting his position to acquire acres of land in Patna. Tejashwi is one of the owners of the lands.