Assam Finance Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma on Monday presented the state's first e-Budget at the Legislative Assembly. The state Budget is available on Google app for citizens, to have access to it whenever required, while conventional paper Budget has also been made available.
Some Key Points Of The Assam Budget:
- Girls in Assam (age 12-20) with family income below Rs 5 lakh can avail an annual stipend of Rs 600 for sanitary napkins which will be directly transferred to her bank a/c linked to their DOB. Payments will automatically stop once they reach 20 years.
- Cess on green tea leaves completely exempted. Exemption limits under the Agriculture Income Tax Act raised up to 2.5 lakh from the exemption limit of Rs 1 lakh and the other tax slabs have already been rationalized.
- 13,000 urban youths to be trained under Deendayal Antyodoya Yojana – National Urban Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NULM).
- Rs 16 crore allocated under Sanjeevani- Village Health Outreach Program in 7680 villages of Assam.
- Each panchayat will be given Re 25,000 to organize Gaon Panchayat level Football tournament.
- Rs 5 crore for providing Self Employment grants to Educated Youths under Atal Atma Sansthapon Yojana. Govt will invest Rs 14,800 per individual under skills training program.
- Govt to set Media Fellowship for pursuing higher studies in journalism so that 20 journalists can be selected for this fellowship at a rate of Rs 50,000 each. A one-time grant of Rs 10 lakh. Pension Scheme for Journalists.
- Rs 100 crore in the financial year 2018-19 for Mission for Overall Improvement of Thana for Responsive Image (MOITRI). Rs 50 crore earmarked to strengthen Food & Civil Supplies Department.
- Rs 99 Crore for payment of outstanding PF dues, gratuity, arrear wages, salary, bonus, etc. of retired workers & staff of Assam Tea Corporation.
- Token provision of Rs 20 crore to construct paver block roads along labour lines in all Tea Gardens in Assam.
ALSO READ:Kerala Government To Distribute Free Sanitary Napkins In Schools
- To provide an assistance of Re 5000 for medical treatment of differently-abled people under Deen Dayal Divyang Xahajya Achoni.
- New scholarship scheme for girl children belonging to the Minority Communities.
- City Infrastructure Development Fund (CIDF): Those with the population above 40000 (Census 2011) and accordingly, the government proposes to bring 8 new towns under the scheme.
- Six Government Medical Colleges and 11 District Hospitals will be strengthened by 2019 to provide varying degrees of cancer care.