[caption id="attachment_235578" align="aligncenter" width="700"]
Don't just shove summer stuff into the hidden depths of your closet. There are plenty of ways you can re-purpose them during winter, says an expert.
Shrestha Runthala, Myntra Fashion Stylist, tells you how to use summer clothes during winter.
* Sleeveless shouldn't be shunned: Make almost all sleeveless summer things cold-proof by wearing a turtleneck under them. A turtleneck is to winter what a T-shirt is to summer.
* Sweatshirts can save dresses: If the idea of turtleneck doesn't sit well with you, pull a cute sweatshirt over dresses to make them cold-weather friendly. Add tights to the look if the chill is gnawing at your legs.
* Skirts and shorts do metamorphose: Though considered quintessentially summer, skirts and shorts can make a statement in chilly weather as well. Wear them with tights or thigh-high boots and add structure to the look with a jacket.
* Prints peekaboo: Even playful spring prints can be put to good use during this season. Wear them under pullovers or cardigans to add a hint of interest at the cuffs or collar.
* Summer sandals stay: We all love boots but that's no reason to discard summer sandals. Wear patterned socks with anything open or peep-toed.