[caption id="attachment_218829" align="aligncenter" width="700"]
With the recent Chikungunya outbreak in the national capital, it is important to keep yourself and your family risk-free.[/caption]
With the recent Chikungunya outbreak in the national capital, it is important to keep yourself and your family risk-free.
Over 180 positive cases of Chikungunya have been reported at AIIMS, Delhi.
As there is no vaccine available for the virus, it is best to protect yourself from mosquito bites.
ALSO READ: All You Need To Know About Chikungunya
1. Apply mosquito repellents onto your body.
2. Close your doors and windows to prevent mosquitoes into your house. Use screen doors.
3. Use bug spray or other means to repel insects (mosquito coil, nets) whenever necessary.
4. Do not allow stagnant water around your home and surrounding areas as it promotes the breeding of mosquitoes.
5. Cover your arms and legs as much as possible, especially during daytime as the vector species is mostly active then.