[caption id="attachment_201602" align="aligncenter" width="700"]
Visitors walk outside at the opening of the Winter session of Parliament in New Delhi on December 5, 2013. Parliament adjourned for the day after both houses condoled the death of two sitting members, 27 people in a building collapse in Mazgaon area of Mumbai in September, those who lost their lives in Phailin and Helen cyclones in India and the deaths in super typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines. AFP PHOTO/RAVEENDRAN (Photo credit should read RAVEENDRAN/AFP/Getty Images)[/caption]
Congress leaders on Monday have given notices to discuss the matter of Jammu and Kashmir unrest in Rajya Sabha.
- Rajya Sabha adjourned till 2 PM.
- Congress walk out of Lok Sabha in protest against atrocities faced by Dalits in the nation.
- HM Rajnath Singh speaking on # amidst uproar in Lok Sabha.
- Why doesnt PM take action against Rajasthan Govt?: Pramod Tiwari in RS
- PM is looking for fake "gau rakshaks", I am telling him where real cow slaughterers are: Pramod Tiwari in RS
-We are ready for a discussion on unrest in J&K, says MA Naqvi in RS in response to GN Azad & Sitaram Yechury
- An all party delegation needs to be sent to J&K, PM needs to respond on the atrocities civilians are facing: Sitaram Yechury in RS
- This is political, developmental, regional...Govt should not think that this is simply a law & order situation: GN Azad in RS on J&K unrest
- They keep talking bad just for publicity.Pak must seriously think if encouraging such people is right:Venkaiah Naidu
- Who is he & who has given him the right to speak about Kashmir? Dhamki se kuch nahin hoga: Venkaiah Naidu on terror leader Sayeed Salahudeen
Today is 31st consecutive day when Authorities continued curfew and restrictions in parts of Kashmir as life remained paralysed across the Valley.
Towns of Anantnag, Kulgam, Shopian, and Pulwama were under curfew. Restrictions continued in old city areas of Srinagar, north Kashmir's Sopore, Baramulla, Handwara and Kupwara towns, police sources said.
For the first time since the ongoing violence started here, many senior officials of the district administration said they were not authorised to speak to the media.
"I am not authorised to speak to the media. You will get the official press release about the situation in the evening," said a senior district administration official.
Separatists have asked people to block roads leading to the Civil Secretariat in srinagar and other administrative offices.
Education instituions, business establishments, and public transport remained suspended for over a month on Monday.
Separatist leaders have been placed under preventive detention. Although they have somehow been managing to issue weekly protest calendars.
A total of 55 people have died and over 3,000 others including security personnel injured in the ongoing unrest that started on July 9, a day after Hizbul Mujahideen commander Burhan was killed.