The global #MeToo campaign went viral with millions of women sharing their stories of how they faced sexual harassment, shedding light on how virulent the problem of sexual harassment really is.
While the numbers and stories of girls and women of all ages facing sexual harassment has served as a wake-up call worldwide, the Kolkata Police has decided to act.
Apart from welcoming any girl or women facing sexual harassment to disclose the matter to the police, the Kolkata Police revealed in a statement...
Inspired by international tv reality show Big Brother, the Bigg Boss reality show has become a fan favourite in India, and as the show enters its 11th season, hosted by superstar Salman Khan, fans are always waiting to learn about what is new at the house.
Along with Priyank Sharma, who was thrown out of the Bigg Boss 11 house recently, viral sensation, Delhi's Dhinchak Pooja will be getting a Wild Card entry into the Bigg Boss 11 house ahead of the Diwali special episode.
Splitsvilla star Priyank...
BMW has added a new top-spec trim to its 3-series GT line-up in India. Offering a blend of luxury and class with sportiness the 330i GT M Sport, priced at Rs 49.40 lakh (ex-showroom, India). The new range-topping trim commands a premium of about Rs 80,000 compared to the petrol Luxury Line variant. Manufactured at BMW India’s production plant in Chennai, the new variant is now available to order from all
Manufactured at BMW India’s production plant in Chennai, the new variant is now available...
As a 9-year-old girl died at Patna AIIMS while her poor father completed the formalities for her treatment and an official posted at the counter refused to help him, the opposition RJD on Wednesday demanded a high-level probe into the matter.Raushan Kumari, suffering from high fever for six days, died near the Outdoor Patient Department of the All India Institute of Medical Sciences here on Tuesday. Her father Rambalak and his wife, residents of Kajra village in Lakhisarai district, brought her...
An artist Karan K's 48 hours of hard work in creating a large-scale exquisite Padmavati themed rangoli was put to waste when a crowd of 100 protesters destroyed the rangoli shouting 'Jai Shree Ram' in Gujarat's Surat, an incident that was met with outrage from the lead actress of the film Deepika Padukone.
The artist related the ordeal on Twitter, how his artwork, which had been sanctioned by the mall authorities, was destroyed midway.
“I had googled ‘wallpaper of Deepika Padukone’ and I...
Every year, an increasing number of people are added to the tax net and many others are there who are still not clear on how the taxation process works and how taxes should be filed. While earlier, people would have to ask officials personally or scan through online FAQs to clear their doubts, the Income Tax department has now launched an 'online chat' service to answer queries.
Taxpayers can seek answers to their basic questions and doubts regarding direct taxing issues by means of the online chat...
[caption id="attachment_180890" align="aligncenter" width="700"] Fire breaks out at a garment factory in Bhiwandi. Five fire tenders at the spot. (Photo courtesy: ANI)[/caption]
Fire broke out this morning in a residential building at the powerloom town of Bhiwandi in
Thane district, with about 20 residents rushing to the terrace to escape the blaze.
The fire officials first used ladders and then cranes to rescue the stranded people.
At least three people have been injured in the incident. They have been taken to IGM hospital. The three had jumped from the building in panic.
The blaze occurred in a godown where powerloom-related material like oil and yarn were stored on the ground floor of three-storey Aam Manzil, a building in a residential locality
of Nagaon in Bhiwandi, Bhiwandi-Nizampur Municipal Corporation's disaster control section chief Namdeo Gaikwad said.
Bhiwandi tehsildar Vaishali Lambhate said that residents took shelter in the terrace of the building after the fire broke out.
Fire tenders from Kalyan, Thane, and four fire stations of Bhiwandi were rushed to the spot and the blaze was brought under control, he said.
About 15-20 people in the building were shifted to the top floor as a precautionary measure since cooling operations were underway on the ground floor, he said.
The fire broke out at around 7.30 AM in the godown and spread in other rooms on the ground floor, he said.
The presence of oil drums at the place led to the fire spreading in other rooms, he said.
Once the cooling operations are through, those trapped in the building would be brought down, Gaikwad said.
Short-circuit was suspected to be the cause of the blaze. However, the official said the exact cause of the fire was yet to be ascertained.
Senior officials of the civic body, fire brigade and police department were at the spot.