[caption id="attachment_179410" align="aligncenter" width="700"]
The country's fastest train - Gatimaan Express - was launched on Tuesday. "Launching of 'Gatimaan Express' is an important step for our Railways," said Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu.[/caption]
The country's fastest train - Gatimaan Express - was launched on Tuesday. "Launching of 'Gatimaan Express' is an important step for our Railways," said Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu.
Here's all you need to know about this semi-bullet train:
ALSO READ: Delhi-Agra Gatimaan Express Flagged Off By Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu
1) Operate between the national capital's Hazrat Nizamuddin station and Agra Cantonment station.
2) It will operate six days a week, except on Friday.
3) Slated to run at 160 kmph, targeting to cover the distance of around 200 km in 100 minutes.
4) It start journey from Nizamuddin at 8.10 AM to reach Agra at 9.50 AM.
5) The train will return from Agra at 5.50 PM and likely to reach Nizamuddin at 7.30 PM.
6) The train will have two Executive AC Chair Car and eight AC Chair Car coaches.
7) The passengers will be welcomed with roses, with soft music playing in the coaches.
8) The fare for a single AC chair car seat will be Rs 750, while executive AC chair car seat is Rs 1,500.
9) Passengers can view various entertaining videos during the travel on their smartphone, tablets or laptops using Wi-Fi.
10) The express train features new LHB (Linke-Hofmann-Busch) coaches fabricated by Rail Coach Factory (RCF), Kapurthala.
11) Coaches have been fitted with bio-toilets.