[caption id="attachment_178022" align="aligncenter" width="700"]
Prince William and Kate Middleton are all set make their maiden visit to India in next month.[/caption]
Prince William and Kate Middleton are all set to make their maiden visit to India in next month. The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will be on a six-day trip to India and Bhutan starting from April 10.
The royal couple's itinerary comprises different high profile events. They will be meeting with A-list Bollywood stars, including Shah Rukh Khan and Amitabh Bachchan at a charity gala. They will also be visiting a slum, meeting with local NGOs and children's charities and later they will go for a hike to a mountain top monastery and a visit to the Taj Mahal.
Take a look:
- Wreath laying at Taj Hotel, scene of Mumbai terror attacks
- Visit to Oval Maidan ground for children's cricket match and meeting with local children
- Visit to ancient Banganga Water Tank in the upmarket Malabar Hill area
- Dinner and reception with Bollywood stars and figures from the business world
- Meeting with aspiring young entrepreneurs at a GREAT campaign event
- Wreath laying at war memorial India Gate in New Delhi
- Tour of the Gandhi Smriti museum at Old Birla House
- Garden party celebrating the Queen's 90th birthday, where William will make a speech
- Engagement with charity supporting vulnerable young people in New Delhi
- Meeting with senior government leader. Private meeting with NGOs working in New Delhi
- Observing dance and musical performances celebrating Assamese New Year
- Game drive at Kaziranga National Park
- Visit to the Centre for Wildlife Rehabilitation and Conservation
- Visit to the Kaziranga Discovery Centre built by Mark Shand's charity, Elephant Family
- Completion of on an elephant sculpture to mark a 'call for artists' for India's elephant parade
- Arrival in Bhutan for welcome by senior state representatives
- Chipdrel traditional welcome procession in Thimphu Dzong
- Private audience with King and Queen of Bhutan and visit to temple
- Visit to Thimphu's open-air archery venue to observe traditional games
- Private dinner with The King and Queen at Lingkana Palace
- Hike to Paro Taktsang, the Tiger's Nest monastery
- Reception for British nationals in Bhutan and Bhutanese people with strong links to the UK
- Flight to Agra, India, the home of the Taj Mahal
- Visit to Taj Mahal to mark conclusion of the tour
According to the Telegraph, Kate Middleton has packed a heavy-duty pair of boots for her six-hour trek to Tiger's Nest monastery. Also report suggests that she will be carrying 12 to 15 different outfits for the six days of official visits.
The Duchess' personal assistant, Natasha Archer, as will her hairdresser, Amanda Cook Tucker, are expected to accompany her on the royal tour, reports The Telegraph.