No Post Found
New Rs 200 notes will be introduced by the Reserve Bank Of India (RBI) in the banking system on Friday.
This is the fourth new note to be announced since November, when the Narendra Modi government announced demonetisation of Rs 1,000 and Rs 500 notes.
Know 5 things about the new Rs 200 Note here:
1. The Rs 200 note bears motif of Sanchi Stupa to depict India's cultural heritage
2. Rs 200 banknote will carry portrait of Mahatma Gandhi at the centre and the denominational numeral "200" with rupee symbol in colour changing ink - green to blue - on the bottom right on the obverse (front) side of the note.
3. For visually impaired, the front side of the note will have intaglio or raised printing of Mahatma Gandhi portrait, Ashoka Pillar emblem, raised identification mark 'H' with micro-text Rs. 200, four angular bleed lines with two circles in between the lines both on the right and left sides.
4. The reverse side of the note will carry a Swachh Bharat logo with slogan and the Sanchi Stupa motif.
5. The new note will be in a dimension of 66mmX146mm.