No Post Found
Mahindra & Mahindra (M&M), the country’s second largest commercial vehicle maker, has launched the has launched the Furio range of intermediate trucks with prices starting at Rs 17.45 lakh (ex-showroom Pune).
FURIO which is built to outperform on the road has taken the company 4 years of hard work and the involvement of 500+ company engineers. The project has come to fruition at an investment of Rs 600 crores and depends on 180 suppliers.
The company has also added a lot of driver comfort features such as air conditioning, music system, car-like cabin features and many more.
The Furio will have a choice of five engines (four diesel and one CNG).
These trucks will play in the 9-14 tonne segment. The 14-tonne truck was also launched on January 29 at Rs 18.10 lakh.
M&M is offering five lakh kms or five years warranty on the Furio. In addition, it is offering a five-year free annual maintenance contract.
Pawan Goenka, Managing Director, M&M, said, “The intermediate commercial vehicle segment has grown at a healthy 17% CAGR over the last five years. The market size of such trucks is 1.1 lakh units per annum. The segment has become very competitive, with the top three dominating the segment.”
Some key highlights of this Truck are as follows;
– Prices start at Rs 17.45 lacs for FURIO12, 19ft HSD variant and Rs. 18.10 lacs for FURIO14, 19ft HSD variant (ex-showroom, Pune)
– Powered by the super-efficient, lightweight, low friction MDI Tech engine, with popular FuelSmart technology offering, in a way, 3-engines-in-1 truck.
– Rigorously tested for over 30 lakh kms across various terrains in India.
– To be manufactured at Mahindra’s world-class facility in Chakan.
– Designed by Pininfarina for Indian road conditions, FURIO to set new benchmarks in world-class design and engineering excellence with one of the safest, most ergonomic and comfortable cabins.
The platform, built at a cost of Rs 600 crore, allows the company to cover the segment starting from 5 tonnes to 18.2 tonnes, catering to buyers who run vegetable transport, e-commerce deliveries, auto parts shipments, and such other businesses.
The 12-14 tonne segment has the biggest demand at present. The bigger gross vehicle weight (GVW) segment is covered by the company’s Blazo range of heavy-duty trucks.